New Zealand Grass-fed Lamb Lula Kebabs Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Perfectly seasoned New Zealand grass-fed lamb shines in this lula kebabs recipe from Anna Voloshyna Cooks. Easy to prepare, just pair these kebabs with herby bulgur and a simple veggie salad and this will be one of your go-to dinners for grilling season!
- 1 lb. New Zealand grass-fed ground lamb (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Neutral oil
- Bamboo skewers
- Bulgar with fresh herbs
- Salad of seasonal vegetables
- Pickled red onions
- 1. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 3. In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- 4. Gently squeeze meat around bamboo skewers to form log-shaped kebabs, each about 8-inches long.
- 5. Arrange kebabs on foil-lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors meld and firm up meat.
- 6. Once firm, lightly brush kebabs with neutral oil and grill for about 8 minutes, or until beautifully golden brown and cooked through. Tip: rotate kebabs halfway through the grilling process for an even cook.
- 7. Serve with bulgur, a salad of fresh seasonal vegetables, and pickled onion on the side.