Grass-fed Lamb Curry Recipe
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
This flavorful Grass-fed Lamb Curry recipe from Bunny Eats Design is easy to make – it calls for just six ingredients, including tender New Zealand grass-fed lamb rump.
Tip: Rogan Josh is an aromatic curry sauce typically made with paprika, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, coriander and more, and pairs wonderfully with lamb.
For the Curry:
- 2 1/2 lb. New Zealand grass-fed lamb rump, cut into bite-sized pieces (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz jar Rogan Josh sauce
- 2 cups zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Cooked Basmati rice
For the Curry:
- 1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add oil once hot.
- 2. Add onions and sauté, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Remove the onions and set aside.
- 3. Add the lamb rump to the Dutch oven, seasoning well with salt and pepper. Brown the lamb for 5 minutes, turning occasionally until well seared.
- 4. Add the sautéed onions and Rogan Josh sauce to the Dutch oven. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then cover with a lid and simmer for another 45 minutes, or until lamb is tender.
- 5. Add the zucchini and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes until tender.
- 6. Remove the Dutch oven from heat.
- 7. Stir in yogurt or drop a spoonful on top of each serving. Garnish with fresh cilantro and red onion.
- 8. Serve with cooked basmati rice and naan.