Grass-fed Flank Steak Cobb Salad Recipe
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
If you like Cobb salads, you’ll love this version from Foodness Gracious packed with all the traditional Cobb favorites like bacon, egg, tomatoes and blue cheese, plus delicious and nutritious grilled grass-fed flank steak from New Zealand.
- 2-2.5 lb. New Zealand grass-fed flank steak (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Dressing:
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
For the Salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 12 oz thick cut bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- Fresh oregano, for garnish
- Fresh basil, for garnish
For the Steak:
- 1. Preheat the grill to high heat.
- 2. Rub both sides of the flank steak with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Sear steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness (130 degrees for medium-rare). Transfer the steak to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Let it rest while you build the rest of the salad.
For the Dressing:
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
To Assemble and Serve:
- 5. Using a large board or salad bowl, top the romaine lettuce and red leaf lettuce with hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, bacon and blue cheese.
- 6. Slice steak across the grain into thin strips and arrange on top of the salad. Garnish with fresh oregano and basil, if desired.
- 7. Serve the salad with the dressing on the side.